This Ranch dressing will blow away any bottled or dry seasoning packages you’ve had, I promise! I’ve been told on many occasions, it’s good enough to drink! Ha! It also rinses off the dishes with ease… Have you ever noticed how that bottled stuff is like glue on dishes!? Imagine how it must be sticking to your insides, too! Blah!!! No thank you.
This recipe makes about 5 cups, so share it – use it on everything, from salads, to dipping french fries or pizza crusts or even veggies – use it on sandwiches – use in recipes calling for ranch dressing – or halve the recipe if you must. It stores nicely in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Mayo
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dried Chives
- 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Garlic, Minced or Grated
- 1.5 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard (prepared yellow or dijon is fine, too)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
What to Do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Taste & Season to your liking!!! Sometimes I add a little more dill, a little more garlic, a little more chives…
- Fresh herbs can also be used. If you have an herb garden, go for it. Dried herbs are cheaper and still very tasty! And you probably have all of them in your pantry anyway.
- If you want a thicker consistency, reduce the buttermilk to 1/2 cup and add another 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Transfer to Mason Jars & Refrigerate for a few hours for the best flavor