I have been making this particular pot roast for some time now. It’s so simple to make, with just 5 ingredients it comes together in minutes. 8 hours later you have the most delicious pot roast you will sink your teeth into! My family LOVES it!!!
I serve it with potatoes & carrots on the side. I would not suggest adding the veggies to the crock pot. The sauce is super flavorful and it’s best served drizzled over the meat & veggies as you serve it.
It’s all over Pinterest, with many variations on the recipe. I’ll share with you how I have been making it, because it’s always surprisingly delish!
The peppers give it a uniquely amazing flavor and the juice helps to tenderize the beef.
If you have any leftovers, the beef is delicious in a taco or burrito. It makes a yummy hot sandwich, too!
4 – 5 lb chuck roast
8 -10 Pepperoncini & juice from 12 oz. jar
1 packet of dry Ranch dressing mix
1 packet of dry Au Jus gravy mix
1 stick of unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1) Pour half of the juice from the pepperoncini peppers jar into the bottom of the crockpot.
2) Place the chuck roast into the crockpot. If it has a fat cap, place with the fat side up.
*I like to make a few slits in the fat cap with a sharp knife so some of the flavors will seep through the fat and into the meat.
3) Pour some more of the juice from the pepperincini jar over the roast.
4) Sprinkle both packets of seasoning evenly over the top and sides of the roast.
5) Place the stick of butter on top of the roast, in the center.
6) Randomly place the pepperoncini peppers on and around the roast
*Use as many as you like. They are delicious!
7) Cover the crockpot and put the temperature on low. Slow cook for at least 8 hours.
*When the roast is done, it should pull apart easily. You can also serve it thinly sliced
*The cooking time really depends on the size roast you have. If it’s on the smaller side, check it after 7 hours. If it’s on the larger size it may take up to 9 hours.
8) Carefully transfer the roast to a dish with deep sides. Pull apart or slice the roast. Top with as much of the sauce left in the crockpot as you would like.
Serve with the peppers, too. They are yummy & get really soft. Just don’t eat the stem! The peppers have a little kick to them, so be cautious if your serving to someone that is sensitive to spicy food. The roast isn’t spicy, the pepperoncini’s just gives it a great flavor!
Our go to sides are Smashed Air Fried Baby Potatoes
And roasted baby carrots