This lemonade is totally refreshing. Does not taste “soapy” at all. It’s the perfect balance of lemon & lavender!
We served this at the cafe I worked at and everyone loved it! My Aunt Peggy made it to serve at a wedding reception that she was catering and she made too much, so we had some extra to serve at the cafe! It was a huge success!!! I was hesitant to try it, but once I did, I was hooked!!! My daughter loves it, too… she would always beg me to bring her some home from work. So now I make it at home! It’s easy to make. It also smells heavenly when the lavender is steeping.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers (see Note below)
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice (bottled is fine, but fresh is always best!)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar & lavender to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- Over a large bowl, strain the lavender through a fine mesh sieve.
- Transfer to pitcher or carafe.
- Stir in cold water and lemon juice.
- Serve over ice.
- Add a shot of tequila or vodka to each serving for a yummy adult beverage 🙂
- You can also add a drop of purple food coloring to enhance the lavender color
- Add lavender stems & lemon rounds, too ~ Great presentation if serving at a party!
*Note: Make sure that you get Organic food grade dried lavender.
You can get on Amazon, a local herb shop or here -> : Dried Organic Lavender
Yield: 6 servings.