Wicked Chicken – As in Wicked Good Chicken! And the saying “wicked” is very much a New Hampshire thing, and that just happens to be where we live 🙂
These chicken nuggets are like candy! A little sweet, a little spicy, a little sticky & just down right addictive! It’s really easy to make, too!
For the sauce you need:
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce (this is a MUST!)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp water
- Throw all of the ingredients into a small sauce pan, stirring to remove lumps from the brown sugar.
- Let it come to a simmer and it will start to boil up, be careful not to let it boil over
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Take off of heat and let it set while you are getting your chicken ready*
- I use a 29 oz bag of frozen Perdue Chicken Breast Nuggets
- Spread nuggets evenly on a metal cookie sheet
- Bake them at 425 for 13 minutes
- Carefully remove from oven and flip the nuggets over & put back into the oven for 5-8 minutes longer
- Remove from oven & get your sauce ready.
*If sauce has thickened, just put back on the heat for a minute to loosen up
- Pour the sauce into a large bowl.
- Using tongs, grab some chicken nuggets and toss them in the sauce, a few at a time. Put coated chicken back onto the cookie sheet
- Now you could dig in at this time BUT I highly recommend giving the nuggets a good drizzle of Ranch Dressing!
I just happen to have a delicious recipe for Ranch Dressing 🙂
You can also serve the ranch on the side for dipping!
- You could use this Wicked Good sauce on your favorite baked or fried chicken nuggets and tenders.
- It makes a delicious sandwich, too!
Take crispy chicken patties, coat them in the sauce. Top with ranch dressing, american cheese & lots of iceburg lettuce
- This post is not sponsored by Franks RedHot Sauce or Perdue Chicken – Just my personal preferences!!!